Thursday, December 29, 2011

Annual New Mexico Photographic Arts Show

Did a round trip to Albuquerque yesterday...about eight hours total on the road.  It was the last day of the Annual New Mexico Photographic Arts Show, and I had to pick up my work.  I took a few happy-snaps to record the occasion:

USAFA Chapel Interior

Big Sister to Be


...and no, I was not able to sell any of my work there, but it was a good experience.  More than anything, I was definitely honored to have two pieces of my work juried into the show.  The biggest thing I wrestled with, was how to price my work - there's no formula, and I was told over and over again not to undersell my work...so I didn't.  As a result, though, I was a bit overpriced relative to print size and the rest of the work shown there.  Oh well, live and learn.

On a positive note, I finally found a functional Argus C3 camera and case in one of the antique stores along Central Ave!  It is the same camera by grandfather used in the late '40s and '50s.  I'm looking forward to putting some film through it!


No comments:

Post a Comment